About Me

My photo
My mom used to cook the most inexpensive meals on Thursdays. She called it, "Poor Thursday!" It was something she felt was important for us to know, in case we ever went through the depression like she did. Also, my grandmother on my fathers side was a great Irish cook! Pasties and kidney pies, and stories to boot! I personally feel that the younger generation is losing the art of cooking from scratch and using staples to generate the base of the meal! Just because I use the word cook doesn't mean that it takes long to get something on the table! With kids coming and going and parties and work schedules, we hardly have the time. But, look at the health of our families, and the nation!!! The lost of art of whipping up nutritious food isn't that hard to learn! In fact, you can be quite inventive! So, here it is. My recipe blog. For my children, my friends and all of you out there who care to try something hot and delicious! Mamma Mungo's Soup Kitchen! Open for business and serving Man Food Daily!!! LOL. That means tummy filling food! Comments and questions are welcome!

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Selling off our memories!


So, I put all my furniture on craigslist and one by one they are going out the door.  It is scary to let things go, specially when you treasure them so much, but, as I keep saying, God has a plan for me and I am following the path that he is putting before me!

Here are a few pictures from my beautiful house, just so I have a memory when it is all gone.  Once I start the new decorating, I will put that up too and we can compare as to what was best!  Light or dark wood etc!  LOL.



We decorated our home in a casual French Country.  Sages, seafoam greens, browns and touches of lavender.  This time I'd bought quality furniture from Seldons, which carries Thomasville etc.  Above is our Bassett dining room set, which expands to seat up to 10 people!  To the right is our couch that is a dark olive in microfiber.  Really love the fabric.  It is so rich and lustrous. 







I followed the theme throughout the house, bedrooms, bathrooms, all in the same colors, and all accented with silver lamps and picture frames, with some type of peacock green, or seafoam in the shades and curtains etc.


Here is our main bathroom with towels and magazine rack etc.  It all started with a Rodeo Home shower curtain that I found at T J Max about 4 years ago.  I'd already bought the couch and the dining table, but when I found that light seafoam green mixed with brown, I knew I was home!!!  LOL.  So, I did the bathroom first and four years later, the whole place was transformed.  I think the new place will be a varience on this theme.  I love this color!

The infamous green shower curtain that caused massive shopping for 3 years!  It is hard to see the color in the picture but it is like walking into a quiet spa.  The texture on the curtain reminds me of Jessica MacKlintok, or however you spell her name, but you know what I mean, kinda crinkly???  Very silky too!  The best part of this color scheme was that it was MAN friendly as well as womanly!  You know, like, he didn't feel like he was in an all girly house.  He could live with it too!  I think that is important.  Finding that balance for the two people is the priority.


Will I miss these things if I leave them all behind?   Most certainly!  Do they define who I am and will I be lost without these things?  No.  Things don't define us.  How we are percieved rests soley on us.  How we treat those around us, how we accept others, and how willing we are to take on change is what defines us.  But......just look at that frame!!  LOL!  Eiiyiiyiii!!!  

So,  you may see just a few of the trinkets out in Florida, but maybe the furniture will change to white wicker, (hmmm, how DO you spell that?) or I'll go to thrift stores and garage sales, find nice wood and refinish it in whites and silvers.  That would be fun.   Why this response????  I just sold my two night stands and was saying goodbye to them after 10 years of loving service!  Hahahaha.  That's all for this moment!  Have a Blessed day!!!  Love, Norine

No comments:

Post a Comment